In the present competitive scenario, GATE has become the only yardstick to measure and test the caliber of an Aerospace Engineering student in India.It is an all-India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. Conducted online every year in the month of February, its score is used as a screening criteria for:
- M.Tech/MS/PhD admissions in IISc/IIT and other private universities (IIST,DIAT,MIT etc) in India.
- PG/PhD Admissions in non-Indian universities like the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University in Singapore and some technical universities in Germany.
- Fellowship Programs by Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR) to pursue Ph.D. programs at CSIRlaboratories.
- JRF at one of theDRDO labs (7-8 for Aerospace) to work on Aero projects.
- Project Assistantship at ADA (Aeronautical Development Agency).
- Project Assistantship at various IITs/IISc.
- Scientist positions at DRDO.